This is my recipe for Lasagne.
First, proceed as per my Meat Pasta / Chicken pasta recipe but make the sauce slightly thicker with slightly less vegetables.
- 60g butter
- 60g flour
- 300g grated Mozarella cheese
- 1 pint of milk
- black pepper
- Melt the butter in a pan, being careful not to burn
- add the flour, stiring constankcaltly
- cook for 30 seconds or so
- Gradually add the milk, stirring all the time.
- Continue heating and stiring until the sauce has fully thickened. Be careful of the heat, it can catch on the bottom of the pan and burn easily!
- Take off the heat
- Add the Mozzarella and stir in until melted – this produces a thick, rubbery sauce.
- Stir in nutmeg, salt and pepper to taste
Making the lasagne
- Pre-prepared meat sauce
- Pre-prepared cheese sauce
- 200g grated mozarella cheese
- Lasagne sheets – fresh is best
- Spread a small amount of the cheese sauce on the bottom of a large oven-proof dish.
- cover the cheese sauce completely with lasagne sheets.
- Spread a layer of meat on the lasagne sheets.
- Repeat at least another two times, finishing with a cheese sauce layer.
- Put the grated mozarella on top.
- Lightly sprinkle nutmeg or black pepper over the top.
- Bake at 190 Deg C for 30 minutes, until the top is slightly browning and bubbling.
- rest for a few minutes out of the oven.