This is my recipe for Spaghetti Bolognese.
- 1 lb or Minced (Ground) Beef or two large chicken breasts, diced.
- 1000g passata.
- 2 garlic cloves – finely chopped
- Approx three or four inch cubed piece of Butternut Squash, grated
- two peppers
- one courgette
- black pepper
- Worcestershire sauce
- Brown the mince or diced chicken breast
- Add the vegetables and garlic and fry for a few minutes.
- add passata
- Add basil, salt, black pepper, paprika and worcestershire sauce, to taste.
- Simmer until the sauce has reduced to the desired consistency – about 25 – 35 minutes.
- Serve on pasta of your choice.
This is also the basis for my Lasagne, but it reduce the sauce slightly more and use a bit less vegetables.