Here is the simple recipe for Thai Green Curry I use. It’s easy and quick and tastes great:
- 100g (real)Thai Green curry paste – Mae Ploy is what I use.
- 2 x White pak choi
- half a packet baby corn
- a bunch of spring onions
- green chilli to taste
- a tin of good quality coconut milk (cheap, watery stuff makes a bad curry – try and get Thai coconut milk like Mae Ploy or Chaokoh)
- Palm sugar (no, normal sugar is not the same!)
- Thai Sweet Basil (optional but really adds to it!)
Note: vegetables can be switched up to you liking.
I tend to cook this in pretty big batches. You can halve the ingredients list if you like.
NEVER let this boil or it separates the coconut milk and ruins the curry!
- Fry the curry paste in a couple of tablespoons of oil for a few minutes
- Add the tin of coconut milk, heat on a low heat and stir in the curry paste. Heat for a few minutes.
- Add chicken and cook for a few minutes without boiling
- when the chicken looks sealed, add the chopped vegetables and sweet basil
- Add palm sugar to taste (approx 3-4 tsp)
- continue to cook for a few minutes whilst you cook some rice (Jasmine or Glutinous (sticky)rice is good).
- Serve on rice.
- Garnish with a little Thai Sweet Basil and / or fresh green chilli to taste.