Here is the simple recipe for Thai Green Curry I use. It’s easy and quick and tastes great:
- 100g Thai Green curry paste – Mae Ploy or Maesri is what I use
- 1 x White pak choi
- baby corn
- sugar snaps or mange tout
- green chilli to taste
- 2 x tins of good quality coconut milk (cheap, watery stuff makes a bad curry – try and get Thai coconut milk like Mae Ploy or Chaokoh)
- Palm sugar
- Thai Sweet Basil (optional but really adds to it!)
Note: vegetables can be switched up to you liking.
I tend to cook this in pretty big batches. You can halve the ingredients list if you like.
NEVER let this boil or it separates the coconut milk.
- Fry the curry paste in a little groundnut oil for a few minutes
- Add a tin of coconut milk, heat on a low heat and stir in the curry paste. Heat for a few minutes.
- Add chicken and cook for a few minutes without boiling
- When the mix is just under the boil, add the second tin of coconut milk.
- Cook until chicken is cooked through
- Chop vegetables, chilli and basil and add to the pan
- Add palm sugar to taste (approx 3 tsp)
- continue to cook for a few minutes whilst you cook some rice (Jasmine or Glutinous rice is good).
- Serve on rice.
- Garnish with a little Thai Sweet Basil and / or fresh green chilli to taste.