I’m not anti-system. I will support systems that work for the good of society and peacefully object to those that don’t.
I’m not anti-government. I will support a form of government that I broadly trust and believe in and respects my rights as an individual.
I’m not anti-state. I will support a state which enables me to be a free and independent individual and to live my life as I choose without fear of discrimination hate and violence from others. In return I will not show discrimination, hate and violence to others.
I’m not anti-business. I will support businesses that act ethically where they can, in the best interests of human kind. I will do my best to limit my contact with those that don’t.
I’m not anti police. I welcome a police force that protects my human right to live as I choose without fear of violence, discrimination or prejudice but does not intrude on my right of privacy or my right of choice.
So, there’s some themes here:
1) Respect for the individual
2) How does the above apply to the current state of affairs?
3) Tolerance. Are we moving in the right direction? If so, maybe some patience is required and trust in the belief that we will get there.
4) Responsibility. We have a responsibility to society to support that which is good within our society and object to that which is not. Of course, the debate starts when we all try to agree on what’s good.
5) Misinformation. Whether it’s deliberate or unintentional, it clouds the issue greatly. The Internet and the way it makes it so easy for everyone to publish compounds this issue. Before you make a judgment, question the validity of your sources.